Saturday, March 26, 2011

St. John's Anglican Church, Lunenburg

A person in my photo club arranged for us to be able to go inside St. John's Anglican Church. This church was the second oldest church in Canada. In November 2001 it burned to the ground. By 2005 it was rebuilt- exactly as it had been before. More info can be found here:http://www.stjohnslunenburg.org I love churches. I am not so much into organized religion but there's a quietness and beauty in churches that I admire.




I should explain this last picture- when I was upstairs I found this little room where the robes are kept. I wanted to get a soft picture using just the light from the window. the room was so quiet and hushed I felt far away. When I loaded up my photos I found that. It's an artifact from movement I believe. Or it's a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment