Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dust to Dust

I had to travel to Cape Breton for work last week. I've been there fairly frequently due to staff turn-over. Usually I entertain myself by driving to Louisburg and doing the lighthouse hike. I decided to do something else but wasn't sure. So I turned to google and decided that 'Mira Gut' sounded like a good place to travel. As I drove along a back road I spied this:
so of course I had to pull over and explore. I traipsed all around and took some shots:
you can see that the pews and windows have been removed. It's kind of sad really

I was tempted to go inside but decided that that would be foolish since I was alone. It was neat how the trees were encroaching. In a few years it will be completely reclaimed.

and of course I had to play

1 comment:

  1. It's good to read the "behind the photo" stuff,
    I didn't realise you hadn't gone in!!!

    ReplyDelete