Monday, April 23, 2012

Casa Grande Monument

on whim back from Tombstone I pulled in to a place called 'Casa Grande Monument'. It's an ancient structure constructed in the Sonaran Desert approximately 650 years ago. If you are in the area- I highly recommend it. In some ways I felt like an alien on another planet. The life these people would have led is far removed from mine. If you are quiet you can feel them. I swear.
When we arrived the sun was low on the horizon and it created problems in taking this shot. In the end I decided to go with the sun flare. I did 3 exposures and then merged them.

can you imagine walls made of sand/mud and wood lasting so long?



here's a shot to show the scale:

if you want more info here's a link: http://www.nps.gov/cagr/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment