Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pride-




On April 17, 2012, Raymond Taavel was killed outside of a gay bar. He was killed by a psychiatric patient who did not return from a one hour unsupervised pass. It seems that Mr. Taavel was trying to intervene and help another man from the bar from being attacked. Unfortunately, he died a violent and senseless death. This event has sent shockwaves across the country. By all accounts, Mr. Taavel was a kind and gentle man who was also very active in the LGBT community of Halifax. I won't pretend that I had heard of him before this event but his story inspired me to compose this vidoe tribute. It's a series of photos that I took at the Halifax Gay Pride Parade last July. It is my tribute to a good man to all of those who are persecuted because they don't fit someone else's view of 'normal.'

No comments:

Post a Comment